I know I’m confusing you with these Wednesday posts but I had to as I’ve been nominated for an award! Oscar? No. Emmy? No. Slimmer of The Year? Not likely seen as my gym bag has been untouched in my office for the past week.
I have been nominated for the Liebster Award. Its a weird award/chain letter combo without the threat that if you don’t pass it on you’ll have seven years bad luck. You get nominated by your fellow bloggers and I have Britney Lee to at All Things Britney Lee to thank for mine. It basically says they think your blog is nice.
If you have not seen the film Pay It Forward I urge you to do so immediately, but not if you are feeling in any way depressed as it will tip you right over the edge. It highlights the two different opinions about these kind of awards.
Some people think its crap, but I think that until we become as famous as Perez Hilton we could all do with a little bit of help and it is lovely that other people like what you do.
There are various different rules for this award. The ones I am going with are:
– display the award
– link to the person who nominated me and answer the questions they asked
– nominate other blogs that you enjoy with less than 1000 followers and let them know you’ve nominated by commenting on their blog.
– write questions for them to answer
– go to the pub for a wine – I made my own rule up.
Here goes. WARNING – I am English, if you are not I feel sorry for you but you may not understand most of my answers.
1. What are some of your favorite movies?
I like intellectual films that are really arty and that make me think about important issues. You know, things like The Croods, White House Down, and anything with Sandy Bullock.
2. What is one of your favorite quotes?
“What’s love got to do with it?” – Tina Turner
3. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
Walk in heels.
4. If you had to change you first name, what would you change it to?
Fantastic Miss. Because my surname is Fox. Then I’d buy a load of Roald Dahl books and photoshop the title page. Not that I’m a narcissist or anything!
5. What are three of your pet peeves?
Oh lord. Only 3??
People that add fake middle names on Facebook – I’m pretty sure you’re parents did not name you Susan “Glitter Fairy Bubblegum” Smith.
People who can’t spell. Sorry America.
People who wear more hair than clothes. If your hair extensions make up over 52% of your outfit you shouldn’t be allowed out of the house.
6. What is your favorite joke?
“I phoned the local gym and I asked if they could teach me how to do the splits. He said, “How flexible are you?” I said, “I can’t make Tuesdays.”
Ba dum dum chhhh!
7. What are three of your guilty pleasures?
Wine, all colours.
My WordPress stats page.
Murder mystery TV shows. I freely admit that I am an old lady trapped in a 28 year old body.
8. If you knew you were going to die tomorrow, what would you do today?
Honestly? I’d panic and cry. Then I’d move my friends and family to a different time zone to try and cheat the system.
9. What is your favorite physical feature?
My voicebox. Don’t get me wrong my voice is really annoying but I can do a pretty good Shaggy/Chaka Demus and Pliers impression which always makes the boys go wild!*
*views writer’s own
10. Why are you so awesome?
Bearing in mind that some people hate these things. I nominate the following people. If I have nominated you its because I really like your blog. I wont be offended if you don’t continue this madness but everyone else should check them out anyway.
– Sarah Jones at The Happy Manc Days because she inspired me to start blogging and she hasn’t posted since June (come on Jones!)
– Harriet Sutherland at Harriet Tries because she has just started blogging and already had a colonic in the name of research.
– Maddison at Down With the Norm because I am jealous she can write so well about things that matter and she is only 19
– Sad Biscuit/Terrific Writer – a man that bakes incredible cakes and is also worried he might die alone
– Finally, Wendi at This, That and the Other Thang. Possibly the sweetest person on the internet (and she wants to be a librarian)
I’d love to hear your answers to the following questions:
1. You’re invited to a party, what’s the one thing you’d bring with you?
3. If you could make one law what would it be?
4. Taylor Swift. Discuss.
5. What rules do you live your life by (if any)
6. Would you rather have one eye in the middle of your head or three arms?
7. Who is your biggest influence?
8. What do you want to be remembered for?
Full blog to come on Friday.
Now – to the bar!